TESTER of the chip VIPER22 & similar pinout ICs WITH VISUAL CONTROL + ZENER / TVS/ TL431 reference TESTER PWM-TEST22
The PWM-TEST22 tester is designed to test the performance of widespread VIPER22 series microcircuits and similar in layout to output chips. The tester allows you to quickly, easily and safely check the chip series VIPER22. The Viper microcircuits are used in almost all possible household power supplies up to 20 W: chargers, power supplies for LED light sources, as well as secondary power supplies for all kinds of consumer electronics. The main advantage of the Viper microcircuit family is the combination of the power key and the control system in a single package.
Very often, the VIPER22 series microcircuit can fail due to improper operation of the device or electric shock damage. How to check the health of the VIPER22 series chip? Did the VIPER22 series pulse-width controller burn out? Is the power MOSFET inside the VIPER22 chip is damaged? If the chip does not work and does not start, then you can find out with the help of the chip tester of the VIPER22 series of the company PWM TEST22.
The device is a tester of a large number of similar microcircuits with the same pinout and allows you to detect defective and fake VIPER22 microcircuits. Very often, VIPER22 series chips from China are defective or simply fake. For such fake chips, a separate unit's block may not work, or, for example, generation is not stable.
We recommend checking even the new VIPER22 series chips for performance. Even original ICs from famous brands can be damaged by static voltage during transportation. The PWM-TEST22 allows you to check the VIPER22 chip easily, quickly and with visual control. Even without an oscilloscope. If you have an oscilloscope, you can check the quality and operation parameters of the VIPER22 IP chip. But usually a visual check with LEDs and an integrated voltmeter is enough.
The chipset tester PWM VIPER22 is available in two versions:
1. The DIY version of the device for self-assembling. This version comes in the form of parts and a set of electronic components for assembling the device. It is necessary to solder the electronic components on the printed circuit board, twist and assemble the details of the device.
2. The READY version of the device assembled by the PWM company and is ready for use
The device's online documentation & manuals
The PWM company provide two manuals for this testing tool at company's website http://pwm.company. You can find all information using the model name TEST22:
- DIY instructions guide for assembling the components of the circuit board, for testing and using
- DIY assembly Guide of enclosures for PWM-TOOLS testers.
The main functions of the PWM-TEST22 tools:
1. Popular IC VIPER22 series tester
2. High voltage generator MAXIMUM 46V with voltage regulation & voltmeter on board
3. Tester of zeners 40V max / Tester of TVS diodes/ Tester of adjustable zener IC TL431
4. 12.7V output source with current limiter
Officially supported chips for the testing in DIP8 package
VIPER22 VIPER12 АМ22. This list can be extended in the future. This testing tool allows to test IC in DIP8 package, but using IC package adapter may test SMD chips as well. SMD adapter not include in standard equipment.
The testing tool provide testing of the main blocks of VIPER22 series chips:
1. Stabilized output 12.7V test circuit with voltage boost and with no boost (switch SW4)
2. Regulated input voltage for IC powering. MAXIMUM 46V. Safe IC testing technique.
3. Correct voltage output detection block with LED indicator
4. Visual control of VIPER22 working via LEDs & voltmeter on board
5. BNC connector for IC output testing using external oscilloscope
6. DC-005 Jack connector for 12.7V DC output
VIPER22 series chips output can be tested in two modes:
1. Voltage boost mode (SW4 switch should be pressed ON)
2. No voltage boost (SW4 switch should be pressed OFF)
The testing tool provide VIPER22 series testing:
1. With easy low voltage powering (46V MAXIMUM)
2. With over-voltage & short circuit protection for damaged IC
3. With 200 ohms load on the board
Tester of zeners 40V max / Tester of TVS diodes/ Tester of adjustable zener IC TL431
The device can test the reference voltage and display the result of stabilization at the voltmeter on the board. 40V ZENER & TVS MAX can be tested. For TL431 testing set voltage less than 36V first!
Powering of the tester
The AC-DC power adapter is not included. For the powering of the device you can use any DC adapter or any DC power source 10V-20V and with minimum 0.3A output current. The connector type: male DC Power Jack 5.5x2.1mm (DC-005 Jack). Do not exceed 22V input voltage. Power the device from current limited 8A MAXIMUM source & protected from mains for the safety reason.
|Device functions||1. Popular IC VIPER22 series tester 2. High voltage generator MAXIMUM 46V with voltage regulation & voltmeter on board 3. Zener 40V max / TVS diodes/ TL431 reference tester 4. 12.7V output source with current limiter|
|PCB design's version||2 or 2.1|
|Device input voltage||10-20V DC. 0.3A MIN. 4A MAX, 8A PEAK MAX|
|Voltage converterter||YES, DC-DC boost converter up to 46V|
|Tested Integrated circuit|
|Tested chip's description||The combined microcircuits of power supplies of the Viper series from STMicroelectronics have proven themselves in the market. Every year their popularity grows, as there is a constant update and expansion of the line. Integration of a PWM controller and a high-voltage MOSFET in one chip, as well as overcurrent protection and overheating protection circuits embedded in the chip, can significantly improve the reliability of power supplies built using VIPer IC chips. Reducing the number of components simplifies the design process and also reduces the overall cost of developing and manufacturing power supplies. Each chip is designed for the corresponding topology of the converter circuit, as well as for a certain power of the final device. The scope of the Viper microcircuit family is practically all possible household power sources up to 20 W|
|Officially supported chips of tester||VIPER22 VIPER12 АМ22|