TESTER for the chip IR2113 & similar pinout ICs WITH VISUAL CONTROL
The PWM-TEST2113 device allows you to check the widespread control chip of powerful MOSFET transistors for operability. Did the power supply stop working? IR2113 IC doesn't open the field effect transistors gates? Is the IR2113 series MOSFET gate driver burned out? How to quickly and safely check the health of the chip series IR2113? This task is solved by the PWM TEST2113 device.
Also, the device allows you to identify defective and fake chips series IR2113. Very often, chips from China are defective or simply fake. Fake microcircuits may not fully work, or not ensure proper opening of the gates for power field-effect transistors. Even options are possible with the simultaneous inclusion of both inverter channels, which will lead to a 100% damage of expensive and powerful MOSFET transistors controlled by the IR2113 chip.
We recommend checking even the new IR2113 series chips for operability. Even original semiconductor integrated circuits from the eminent manufacturer International Rectifier (Infineon) can be damaged by static voltage during transportation. The PWM-TEST494 allows you to check the chip easily, quickly and with visual control. Even without an oscilloscope. If you have an oscilloscope, you can check the quality and parameters of the key driver of the upper and lower arms. Usually, to assess the performance of the chip series IR2113, enough visual inspection using LEDs.
The IR2113 Series Chip Tester is available in two versions:
1. The DIY version of the device for self-assembling. This version comes in the form of parts and a set of electronic components for assembling the device. It is necessary to solder the electronic components on the printed circuit board, twist and assemble the details of the device.
2. The READY version of the device assembled by the PWM company and is ready for use
The device's PWM-TEST2113 online documentation & manuals
The PWM company provide two manuals for this testing tool at company's website http://pwm.company. You can find all information using the model name TEST2113:
- DIY instructions guide for assembling the components of the circuit board, for testing and using
- DIY assembly Guide of enclosures for PWM-TOOLS testers.
The main functions of the PWM-TEST2113 tools:
1. IC IR2113 series tester
2. On board PWM generator with regulated frequency, duty cycle & dead-time
3. DC output with resettable 4A fuse protection and electronic switch commutation (switch SW1)
Officially supported chips for the testing in DIP14 package
IR2113 IR2110 IR2112 HIP2500. This list can be extended in the future. This testing tool allows to test IC in DIP14 package, but using IC package adapter may test SMD chips as well. SMD adapter not include in standard equipment.
The testing tool provide testing of the main blocks of IR2113 series chips:
1. PWM output generation block test for both channels HIGH & LOW sides. Push-pull mode.
2. Testing the IC reaction to the input signal shutdown
3. Testing the IC reaction to the power shutdown
4. Low frequency & high frequency input signal (switch SW2)
5. PWM regulation test
6. Frequency regulation test
7. Dead-time regulation test
The IR2113 series chips output can be tested in two modes:
1. visual mode with LED blinking in low frequencies mode
2. oscilloscope mode, using external oscilloscope
The testing tool provide push-pull 1.5A generator with:
1. regulated frequency
2. regulated pule wide modulation
3. regulated dead time
Powering of the tester
The AC-DC power adapter is not included. For the powering of the device you can use any DC adapter or any DC power source 10V-20V and with minimum 0.3A output current. The connector type: male DC Power Jack 5.5x2.1mm (DC-005 Jack). Do not exceed 22V input voltage. Power the device from current limited 8A MAXIMUM source & protected from mains for the safety reason.
|Device functions||1. MOSFET gate drivers IC IR2113 series tester 2. On board PWM generator with regulated frequency, duty cycle & dead-time 3. DC output with resettable 4A fuse protection and electronic switch commutation (switch SW1)|
|PCB design's version||2 or 2.1|
|Device input voltage||10-20V DC. 0.3A MIN. 4A MAX, 8A PEAK MAX|
|Device output voltage||Same as INPUT voltage. With current protection 4A MAX, 8A PEAK MAX|
|Tested Integrated circuit|
|Tested chip's description||IR2110, IR2113 - drivers of high-voltage, high-speed MOS transistors or IGBT transistors with independent output channels of the lower and upper levels. Own HVIC technology and latch-resistant CMOS technology allowed to create a monolithic structure. The logic input is compatible with standard CMOS or LSTTL output. The outputs of the drivers are characterized by a high impulse current of the buffer stage, which is done to minimize the counter-conduction of the driver. The delay in the propagation of signals agreed for use in high-frequency applications. The output channel can be used to control an N-channel MOSFET or IGBT transistor with an upper supply voltage up to 500V or up to 600V.|
|Officially supported chips of tester||IR2113 IR2110 IR2112 HIP2500|